SVG files ?

Dec 11, 2007 at 3:59 PM
Hi what i need to direct see SVG files instead of ask me if i want to save it to disk?
Aug 29, 2008 at 8:54 PM
I just got the same issue. I think you must install the Adobe SVG Reader for IE (version 3). In fact I am almost 100% as it is loading IE in the window, therefore it has to be that (the only one?) SVG plug-in.

Just google it.

Damon
Aug 29, 2008 at 8:56 PM
FYI this should be ported to use XAML/Silverlight/WPF as that 'vector image' standard is alive as Microsoft basically refused to support SVG. I understand why, but just so you know there is likely not a lot of future in an SVG image standard in the .NET world moving forward (or ever for that matter).

Damon
Aug 29, 2008 at 9:06 PM
Try Here:

http://www.adobe.com/svg/viewer/install/main.html

Adobe SVG Viewer download area

Please note that Adobe has announced that it will discontinue support for Adobe SVG Viewer on January 1, 2009.

Download Adobe® SVG Viewer 3 and experience data-driven, interactive, and personalized graphics on the web. Please read the Release Notes and support documentation for important information about this release.

Adobe SVG Viewer 3.03

Version 3.03 of Adobe SVG Viewer is an update provided by Adobe to fix a potential secuirty risk on Windows® computers. In addition, the ActiveX control has been signed in order to allow users to avoid the ActiveX security warning introduced with Windows XP Security Pack 2.

Adobe SVG Viewer 3.03 addresses a potential security risk in the ActiveX control whereby a malicious web page could determine whether or not a file with a particular name exists on the user's computer. The contents of the file could not be viewed via this vulnerability, and directory listings could not be obtained. Adobe is not aware of any malicious exploit of this potential security risk, but we are grateful to Hyperdose Security for bringing this potential security risk to our attention. Adobe SVG Viewer 3.03 also includes the fixes provided in Adobe SVG Viewer 3.02.

Aug 29, 2008 at 10:30 PM
And do not forget the GNU tool(s) to actually generate the SVG (and ensure you point to it correctly in your App.Config):

http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/plotutils.htm

Aug 31, 2008 at 12:33 AM
Does this mean Adobe is abandoning the SVG format or just not supporting the viewer?
Sep 14, 2008 at 7:28 PM
As of 9/14/2008 the current state I have is yes they are.
Coordinator
Sep 24, 2008 at 8:08 PM
The latest version of SequenceViz has a WPF based viewer and therefore the dependencies on Adobe SVG addin and GnuTools are now removed.